Nikon Speedlight SB-700
• Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 24-120 mm zoom range • Three illumination patterns–standard, centre-weighted and even • Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution angle • Short recycling time • Quick wireless contr...
Free shipping on this product
The SB-700 Speedlight Shoe Mount Flash from Nikon is an on-camera flash, designed for use with Nikon DSLR cameras that use the i-TTL metering system. It is compatible with DX and FX sensors, and its power zoom head covers a 24-120mm range when used with an FX camera.
You'll be able to use the strobe directly on your camera via the hot shoe, or wirelessly as a Commander or Remote. Using the flash as a Commander allows you it to take control over other Nikon Speedlights, expanding your creative lighting options. As a Remote, it can be controlled by another Speedlight, or your camera's built-in flash. Its Quick Wireless Mode, with A:B light ratios, allows you to quickly adjust settings on multiple flash units -- giving you the ability to control two remote units in i-TTL mode.
It features a dot-matrix LCD control panel with an intuitive layout for easy operation. It derives power from AA batteries -- supporting rechargeable NiMH, disposable Alkaline, and disposable Lithium cells. Recycle time is a scant 2.5 seconds when using NiMH, 3 seconds when using Alkaline.
The SB-700's Thermal Cut-Out detection prevents the flash from overheating. It increases the recycling time if the temperature of the flash head crosses a certain threshold, preventing the unit from becoming damaged.
The strobe includes hard plastic-type color filters for fluorescent and incandescent color temperature balancing. When you use these supplied filters, the flash is able to recognize which filter is installed, adjusting the white balance automatically on compatible Nikon DSLR cameras. It also features an AF-assist illuminator lamp, which helps to speed up the autofocus of your camera in low-light situations.
The SB-700 supports three illumination patterns -- standard, center-weighted, and even -- for use in different shooting situations. Standard mode provides conventional flash coverage. Even mode covers the subject with even light across the entire frame, perfect for group photos where even illumination is desired. Center-weighted mode directs the light to the center of the frame, creating a vignette around your subject that is suitable for portraiture.
- LCD and layout of controls designed for easy and intuitive operation
- Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 24-120 mm zoom range
- Three illumination patterns–standard, center-weighted and even–available to match every shooting environment
- Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution angle
- Short recycling time
- AF-assist illumination for multi-point AF, with wide 24-135 mm focal range
- Quick wireless control mode allows control of remote flash unit groups A and B flash output level ratios
- Firmware updates via Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Automatically delays recycling time if temperature of flash head rises in order to avoid deterioration of flash head
- Automatically detects type of hard-type color compensation filter (fluorescent and incandescent) and automatically transmits filter information to camera for optimum white balance setting
- Optional Water Guards WG-AS1 (for D3 series), WG-AS2 (for D300 series) and WG-AS3 (for D700) protect camera's accessory shoe contact when SB-700 is mounted on a Nikon digital SLR camera