Olympus OM-D E-M1X Body
Features an impressive 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor, TruePic VII Image Processor, FAST Dual Phase- & Contrast-Detection AF and 5-Axis Image Stabilization with IS Auto | Dust/Splash/Freezeproof
|20||3"||3840 x 2160||Olympus M4/3 to OM|
Free shipping on this product
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera
The robust and sophisticated Olympus OM-D E-M1X Camera is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera, that features high performance features built-in to fit the most stringent needs of demanding photographers.
Designed with a 20.4MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor along with the dual truePic VIII Image Processors – the Olympus OM-D E-M1X Camera is capable of performing a variety of professional features for photographers and videographers, such as enhanced Autofocus with the newly subject detection auto-focus technology, high frame rate performance, and notable image quality with the ability to deliver 50MP equivalent Handheld High Res Shots.
Other outstanding features of this powerful E-M1X camera include DCI and UHD 4K video recording and OM-Log recording which can then be colour graded in post-production; 121-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detection Autofocus being precise and extremely fast; 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilisation; a variety of advanced shooting modes; a durable shutter unit to perform for over 400 000 actuations; dual SD memory card slots; and an integrated vertical grip that offers a more secured design – enabling you to photograph from a variety of angles, and it also accommodates two BLH-1 lithium-ion rechargeable batteries – giving you double the amount of photographs.
- 20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
Intelligent and powerful features have been planted into this classy Olympus OM-D E-M1X Camera, such as the high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor along with its high-speed dual TruePic Image Processors – to deliver cutting-edgefunctionality,and to create high image quality. The sensor in the latest E-M1X Olympus camera has improved its sensitivity and a standard ISO sensitivity range of ISO 6400. The sensor is also protected with Anti-Reflective coating that’s been applied to the surface, to effectively reduce flare and ghosting and it alsominimisesmovement distortion through faster signal read out speeds – which will gladly enable 4K video recording with absolutely low power consumption. The dual TruePic VIII Image Processors makes it possible that the camera can accommodate two SD memory cards, reduces the start-up time, allows IntelligentSubjectDetect AF.
- FAST Dual Phase- and Contrast-Detection AF
A powerful feature that’s been incorporated into the Olympus OM-D E-M1X camera, that can greatly be used by portrait photographers is the face priority and eye priority autofocus mode. The mode will always make sure that it automatically detects and focuses on the subject’s face and eyes.5-Axis Image Stabilization
In-body image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements up to the equivalent of five shutter speed steps. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes, versus the conventional two axes, and compensates for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movements. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Furthering the effectiveness of the 5-Axis IS, IS-Auto mode is available to detect both vertical and horizontal panning to automatically deactivate image stabilization along the detected panning axis to enable greater stability when tracking moving subjects.
- Interactive EVF and 3.0" Tilting Touchscreen
- For eye-level viewing, a bright 2,360k-dot electronic viewfinder is integrated into the design and features a smart eye detect function, 29ms image display lag time, and 1.48x magnification. This finder enables realistic, high resolution viewing in a comfortable position that is especially beneficial when working in bright conditions. The viewfinder also allows for real-time visualization of different camera settings, including aspect ratio, highlight and shadow, and magnification. The adaptive brightness settings also enable easier viewing in different lighting conditions, with the brightness being set according to surrounding conditions to better simulate the use of an optical viewfinder.
In addition to the viewfinder, a large 3.0" 1,037k-dot tilting touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. The monitor's design can tilt 80° upward and 50° downward, making it well-suited to use from both high and low angles. The intuitive touchscreen control offers a range of additional functionality, too, including the ability to touch to release the shutter, select the focusing point, magnify the image, apply filter effects, and navigate through images and settings.
- Body Design
- Constructed from magnesium alloy, the E-M1 features a dust-, splash-, and freezeproof design that enables full-functionality in adverse conditions. The rugged metal body is also designed to be as lightweight and ergonomic as possible to support comfortable use for long shooting durations.
The body is also designed to provide the most intuitive and efficient control over crucial camera settings. Eight customizable 'direct buttons' are available and can control a range of settings simply by pressing the designated button and rotating the main or sub dials. A locking mode dial is also incorporated into the large ergonomic grip and 2 x 2 dial control provides enhanced manipulation over exposure settings through the use of two dials and a function lever. Also integrated into the body's design is an X-sync socket for direct linking of external strobes; an HDMI output for connection to an HDTV for high-quality photo and movie playback; and USB and component video connections are available, too. A proprietary accessory port and hot shoe are available as well for connecting external flashes, the Olympus PENPAL, and MAL-1 Macro Light.
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- By using the O.I. Share app, wireless control of the E-M1 is possible through using linked iOS and Android mobile devices. The mobile device can be used to preview compositions, choose a specific AF point, and release the shutter via the intuitive app interface. The self-timer can also be set and access privileges can be given for others to download select images directly from the camera. Linking of mobile devices to the camera is possible through an intuitive QR Code Connect system, which displays a unique QR code on the camera's monitor which can then be recognized by a mobile device for instant linking. Additionally, smartphones can be used to embed GPS information into image files' metadata for geotagging applications, which can then be plotted to interactive maps through Olympus Viewer 3 or other applications supporting GPS log data.
- In-Camera Image Control
- The Color Creator feature allows for adjusting hue and chroma directly in the EVF with results visible in real-time. This, coupled with an intuitive GUI, permits more finite and exacting control over the color balance of an image.
- HDR Preview emulates the finalized look of an HDR image in the viewfinder prior to the camera processing the images together, allowing greater control and selectivity over how extended dynamic range images are taken. HDR photos are possible with up to a 12 EV-wide range of bracketed shots.
- 12 Art Filters are available for creatively enhancing imagery and movies and can be further adjusted by using filter variation, art effects, and Art Filter Bracketing: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, and Water Color.
- Photo Story allows recording of a scene from multiple viewpoints, which are then composited into a single image using a range of pre-defined formats.
- Live Bulb mode allows you to view the progression of exposure during a bulb exposure in real-time and a live view histogram shows how the exposure is built-up across all points of the image.
- Live Control is an advanced control panel system that displays the image and camera controls all at once; giving a broader range of controls when working in either manual or automated shooting modes.
- MF (Magnified Focus) Assist and Magnification Display provide up to 10x enlargement of a scene to benefit gaining critical focus when working in either manual or autofocus modes.
- Both JPEG and RAW file types can be edited in-camera in order to quickly crop an image, remove red-eye, and convert an image to black and white amongst other editing options.
- iAUTO isanintelligentautomatedshooting mode that allows the camera to select from 42 pre-determined modes based on the detected scene type in order to optimize camera settings. iAUTO is also effective when working with moving subject matter and can adjust basic exposure settings in order to minimize subject blur.
- Multiple Exposure shooting allows for the stacking of sequential exposures within the same frame for creative results.
- Other Camera Features
20.4MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor
Dual TruePic VIII Image Processors
Integrated Vertical Grip, Dual Batteries
2.36m-Dot 0.83x Electronic Viewfinder
3.0" 1.037m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
|Resolution||4k UHD 3840 x 2160|
|Lens Mount||Olympus M4/3 to OM|
|Sensor Size||Four Thirds (17.3 x 13 mm)|
|Battery||Lithium Ion battery|
|Built in Flash||No|
|Continuous Shooting||Yes, 10fps|
|Video Resolution||UHD 3840 x 2160|
|Memory Card Type||SD,SDHC,SDXC|
|Environmental Sealing||Environmentally sealed|